Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Choice - Part 2 "The Numbers"

(The Choice is an ongoing section where I will be examining my decision to attend the University of Baltimore.)

Well, here goes. I am going to throw it out there. My "stats":

Undergraduate GPA: 3.3 *Note 1
Major: Psychology
Minor: History

LSAT Score: 159

Schools Applied to: *Note 2
University of Baltimore: Accepted
University of Maryland: Denied
University of Miami: Accepted
Drexel University: Accepted
Hofstra: Accepted

Total cost of applications: about $400 *Note 3

I will be referencing this in future posts!

*Note 1: I attended a strong private liberal arts college. My curriculum included an 18 class 'core' of out of major courses. I spent one year (2 semesters) abroad, which counted towards my GPA. My GPA was very low (2.0) my freshman year, and rose steadily. I think I had three semesters on Dean's List.

* Note 2: I applied to a few others, however they came later in the process and I did not follow up. For example, Nova Southeastern (a school that on paper I should have been a lock for) never made a decision after confirming receipt of my application. By that time, however, I had been accepted to enough other schools to not need to consider Nova. CUNY Law was missing a part of my application, I withdrew it because I had already received comparable or better acceptances.

*Note 3: This is a rough estimate. Most schools were about $60-70 for an application fee. The LSAC charges you $12 per application. To anyone who works at an admissions board for a law school, yes, I did apply to more schools if they waived the application fee! Registering for the LSAC is also a one time fee, about $50 if I recall correctly. Additionally, you could count LSAT fees as well. A HUGE Thank You to my mother and father for footing the bill on most of the applications, and for always supporting my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment