Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Post

Hello!

Welcome to my 'pre' professional blog.

I am an aspiring law student, about to begin attending full time in the Fall. I have been slowly working my way into the Legal world and am finding it full of exciting and helpful people.

Frequently, myself and other prospective students ask "What is the best way to prepare for law school?" The answers I have heard vary only in the smallest degree, but all basically point to simply relaxing and waiting for it to begin.

There are two exceptions, however, that I have heard. The first is to begin immersing yourself in the legal world, which I have done by following various legal blogs and twitter users. The second was to begin a personal blog. I heard this suggested from a few people, and for a few reasons. One was to have a place to vent about law school, including difficulties faced. A second was to have a place to participate in class discussions, even if you did not get a chance to speak in a large lecture. A third was to practice writing by writing more frequently. I have taken this advice, and hope to practice all three here.

I already have a personal (and very private blog) floating out there on the internet, but I hope that this can be a sort of 'professional' place for me to write, and most of my posts will hopefully be helpful or interesting to others. My other blog is mostly random detritus of lolcats and youtube videos, with the occasional web poll or video game rant thrown in. If others do not find it interesting or helpful, that is fine as well, I still hope to practice my writing.

Also, I am going to publicly set a goal for myself right here and now, and that is to update this blog at least once a week with meaningful content!

Without further ado, hello and welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment