Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Who I follow on Twitter

I admit to being a huge fan of Twitter. I love finding interesting people (everyone should follow Shaq and the Natural History Whale) as well as a thriving, varied, professional network. Twitter is, however, a new and expanding resource, and the use varies widely. This is my list of people I follow on Twitter, as they relate to Law School and the legal field.

(Sorted by my personal relative enjoyment)

@ABAJournal - This is basically the ABA Journal's news feed. Headlines delivered straight to your Twitter, with links to the full article. Articles are short and generally news-worthy. I find this a great way to get involved in the legal community and keep an eye on issues that will soon be increasingly important to me. Also, a lot of the news is really interesting. The only downside is that at times 10-15 new articles go up simultaneously, drowning out your other Tweets.

@annlevine - Ann K. Levine is a law school admissions consultant. She is pretty awesome, with interesting Tweets about the LSAT and other admissions related issues. She updates pretty regularly, although be warned about 2/3 of her Tweets are personal use. She is kind of like a Twitter Mom to hopeful law students, posting reminders about LSAT dates! I was very impressed when she took the time to respond to my Tweets about school acceptances, and even answered a few questions I had about law school admissions.

@ronfox - Ron Fox is a lawyer career coach. He places a heavy emphasis on assisting lawyers find happiness and satisfaction from their careers. He also hates Big Law. His updates generally link to in depth feature articles, which are fascinating reads. You can also always count on him to look past the stereotype of what a Lawyer is to most laypeople, and show you the real, human side of Law. Inspiring in that regard. Be warned though, he is VERY effective at discouraging you from pursuing a legal career if you haven't already begun it.

Those are my top three. Others include:

@samglover - A consumer rights lawyer, he maintains several legal blogs. He is very technologically savy, and writes a lot about how he uses technology to enhance his career and practice.

@aaron_at_EJW - This is Aaron at Equal Justice Works. Interesting legal perspective, updates occasionally. If you are into public interest law, he might be a good follow. He does write about student debt frequently, and generally from a helpful and hopeful perspective.

There is my current Legal Follows. Who do you recommend on Twitter? Put them in comments and I will share them in a later post.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Spencer - thanks for following. I recommend @accesstojustice and @kbladow as well. Very frequent updates and great info. Are you @jd2b?

    ReplyDelete