Friday, September 18, 2009

Blogging: Is it worth it?

This is a topic I have very briefly discussed previously. Why bother with the blogging? Sometimes I don't know why I bother, especially when I feel like I have nothing to write, or worse, I already feel like I have written and read too much for anyone to survive.

Nonetheless, there have been some benefits, and overall this continues to be a positive activity for me.

One positive is that it does keep me thinking and writing. It is way to easy, after sitting through class all day, then going home and reading thousands of cases, to just sort of devolve into a lower life form. I think it is good for me to have to sit down once a week and put some thoughts together, with correct grammar and spelling.

Having said that, writing at a blog level is NOTHING compared to writing at a legal level. After spending hours writing, re-writing, then re-writing some more, it is relaxing to be able to just sit down and write.

The networking has already opened up some interesting contacts, including being able to connect with law school consultants across the nation. Also, I have been able to connect, on some level at least, with some fellow law students. In case you haven't noticed, I Don't Wear Skinny Jeans has been added to the reading list. Check out that one. Very entertaining. Also a bit of a contrast to my law school experience.

I am going to continue to work on the how I study post, but in the meantime, some news.

I have been selected to blog for the University of Baltimore this semester, on the school's blog. My posts will be going up every Wednesday, so be sure to check that out, by clicking here. It is another Blogger blog, so if you are reading this you can read that one. I don't know much about the nature of that blog just yet, but I think I will be focused more on my experience as a student, and less on the legal world or links from YouTube as this blog. I am going to sit right now and read all the other posts that people have left to get a better idea of the style and content.

Cheers all.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being chosen to blog for your school! That's pretty sweet.

    The networking aspect of blawging is nice. I do it now mostly because, well, it's my only social outlet when I'm not studying. Oh gosh!

    ReplyDelete