Saturday, June 5, 2010

Internship Update

My summer internship is in full swing.  I am currently doing two days a week with a district court judge.  So far, this has been an amazing experience.  Although there is not very much substantive legal work, as there are no real opinions to be drafted, I am so far learning a lot.  For some reason, My Judge has seemingly endless time to explain everything he does throughout the day to me, including certain facts that his decisions turn on.  Also, he makes it a point to introduce me to tons of lawyers and other judges each time an opportunity presents itself.

It isn't paid, of course, so I have been spending the rest of my time looking for work... but nonetheless I seriously can't say enough about how awesome this opportunity is.  And don't worry, there are plenty of great stories associated with it that I will be sharing.

1 comment:

  1. Judicial externships sound like networking havens. Go you.

    ReplyDelete